Standard paving width
2.55 – 5.10 m
Max. paving width with extension
- Cummins QSB 6.7-litre C173 129 kW engine (Tier 3 or Tier 4 available)
- Constant feedback from PaveManager 2.0, a CAN-based operator system
- VarioSpeed, a load-sensing hydraulic system that reduces fuel consumption
- Engine efficiency through EcoMode
- Powerful and manoeuvrable wheeled drive system
- Wide tires, well-balanced undercarriage and pendulum front-axle bogie for exceptional ground contact
- TruckAssist™ for safe docking and efficient communication
- Maximum paving speed of 30 metres per minute
- Maximum transport speed of 20 km per hour
- Proportional sensors for consistent material flow
- Electric- or LPG-heated screeds
- Tamping / vibrating or high-compaction screeds
|Weight & Dimensions|
|A – Length (Machine)||6380 mm|
|B – Length (Transport)||6100 mm|
|C – Length (Axle)||2240 mm|
|D – Length (Material hopper)||2125 mm|
|E – Height (Machine)||3900 mm|
|F – Height (Transport)||3100 mm|
|G – Height (w.o. Canopy)||2845 mm|
|H – Height (material loading)||495 mm|
|I – Width (Machine, open hoppers)||3250 mm|
|J – Width (Transport)||2550 mm|
|K- Width (Wheel gauge)||2055 mm|
|L – Max. approach angle||17° (front) / 16° (back)|
|Capacity & Performance|
|Placement thickness (max)||-100 to +300 mm|
|Theoretical paving capacity||700 t/h|
|Paving speed||1-30 m/min|
|Transport speed||0 – 20 km/h|
|Material Feeding System|
|Hopper dumping height center (w. hopper flap)||574 (580) mm|
|Hopper width, internal||3142 mm|
|Conveyor type||Dual bar feeder|
|Conveyor width||2 x 580 mm|
|Conveyor control||Automatic with limit switches|
|Auger diameter||380 mm|
|Auger control||Automatic with ultrasonic sensors|
|Auger height adjustment||250 mm|
|Operator console||Slidable left/right|
|Dashboard||Ergonomic dashboard with 7” color display|
|Platform||Slidable platform (500 mm left and right)|
|Engine model||Cummins QSB 6.7 – C173|
|Rated power KW @ 2200 rpm||129|
|Emissions||IIIA, IIIB (T4i), IV (T4f)|
|Electrical system||24 V|
|Fuel tank capacity||315 l|
|Front wheel||4 x 560 / 390 – 300|
|Front wheel drive||2|
|Final drive||Hydrostatic direct drives comprising planetary gear units and hydraulic motors|
|Screed||Heating System||Screed Type||Standard working width||Max. with mechanical extensions|
|STV 5100 G||Gas (LPG)||Tamper & vibration screed||2550–5100 mm||7300 mm|
|STV 5100 E||Electric||Tamper & vibration screed||2550–5100 mm||7300 mm|
|STV 6000 G||Gas (LPG)||Tamper & vibration screed||3000–6000 mm||7500 mm|
|STV 6000 E||Electric||Tamper & vibration screed||3000–6000 mm||7500 mm|
ruck Assist (optional)
This system improves the communication between the paver and the truck driver. It also minimises bumps and spills that can negatively impact paving quality.
- Allows easy and safe truck positioning
- Simplifies the communication between the paver operator and the truck driver
- Communicates via LED bars to provide an alternative to the use of a signal horn
An efficient conveyor system ensures material flows consistently from the hopper, so productivity and quality goals can be achieved.
- Tunnel shaped to optimise flow and limit segregation
- Reversible twin conveyor system for smooth material flow
- Individual front tensioner
- Proportional speed control with paddle sensor system
- Wide tunnel
- Standard and high-capacity options with twice the number of conveyor bars for improved material flow
Consistent auger distribution of material across the screed is essential to placing a quality mat with minimal segregation.
- Proportional speed control by sonic sensors
- Reversible and independently driven left and right augers
- Hydraulic height adjustment of 250 mm, even while paving
- Torque to handle diameters from 380–500 mm
- Improved central drive system with slim gearbox (15 cm)
- Small outer bearings that minimise segregation – even with throughput of 1100 tonnes per hour
- Auger and auger tunnel easily extended to fit wider working widths
Alternative Auger Drive
The pavers are available with standard center auger system. Ammann provides an outside driven auger system that can be selected on request.Inner Auger Drive
- Improved central drive system with slim gearbox (15 cm)
- Small outer bearings that minimise segregation, even with throughput of 750 tonnes per hour
Outside Auger Drive
- Excellent view of auger compartment and conveyor tunnel
- Clever drive solution that offers minimal material segregation
The hopper is designed to reduce spilling during connections between the paver and the lorries. It is also designed to maximise flow and minimise segregation. The result: improved quality in the form of smoother mats. An optional hydraulical front flap reduces spilling and improves the emptying process, ultimately resulting in less manual work.
- Low dumping height
- Separately controlled wings with solid rubber flaps
- Rounded corners to prevent cold material from sticking
Ammann Premium Wheeled Pavers offer a hydraulic anti-shock push roller that avoids surface marks caused by unpropper truck docking. The system also extends docking length, providing flexibility to work with various truck models.
Set Assist (optional)
This intelligent system saves the position of the auger and the screed before relocating the paver.
- A single push of a button on the operator panel lifts the hydraulic front flap, auger and screed – and reverses the conveyor slightly
- When the paver arrives at the next location, a single push of a button returns the system to its original position
- This user-friendly system can be programmed to predetermined settings
The automated paving system constantly monitors the process and provides feedback to operators. It also controls many key functions for precise results.
- Features a CAN-based control system
- Is connected both to the main operator control and to the screed remote control panels
- Gives a full overview of the complete paving process.
- Allows automatic programming of slope and / or crowning
- Provides constant operator feedback
- Saves and loads paving parameters for each layer (memory function)
- Integrates the Mobamatic leveling system
- Offers color displays and intuitive menues and functions on both, the main dashboard and the remote controls
Featuring the Pavemanager 2.0 System, the operating system is identical to those of other Ammann pavers, making it easy and safe for operators to switch between models.
- Clear sight lines to all work areas
- Slidable and tiltable control console
- 50 cm hydraulically slidable platform to both sides
- 4 integrated working lights in the front and the back of the canopy (optional)
- Weather housing to protect operator available on option
The engines on all Ammann pavers delivery power efficiently. The result is an ability to pull extended widths – and limit fuel costs, too.
- Cummins diesel engine providing power from 129 kW to 194 kW, depending on paver model
- Optimised energy conversion through load-sensitive engine speed control, efficient pumps and compact final drives
- Cooling system driven by hydraulic motor thermostatically controlled
- CAN-BUS system ensures operational reliability and centralized control
The EcoMode feature reduces fuel consumption, improving profitability. EcoMode also provides environmental benefits, including reduced noise and emissions.
- Adjusts engine RPM to the jobsite’s requirements through a variably controlled system
- Reduces fuel consumption and noise
- Extends engine life
This patented drive concept ensures optimal RPM at all times. A computer determines the necessary RPM and makes automatic adjustments. The reductions in fuel consumption are significant, with savings of 15 per cent on energy costs. VarioSpeed is standard on Tier 4 engines with Pavemanager 2.0 Advanced, and available as an option on Tier 3 models.
With its well balanced undercarriage, wide tyres and a pendulum front axle the large wheeled pavers give an outstanding driving experience, ensuring traction and ground contact of the front wheels at all time. The powerful drive allowes transport speeds up to 20 km/h, great for relocation within a jobsite. AFW 600-3 features 4 WD drive (2 × front wheels) while the AFW 700-3 performs with additional traction force due to 6 wheel drive (all-wheel drive).
Tyres are crucial to the paving process. They provide ground contact, which is essential to smoothness, and also play a key role in transferring the engine’s power to the surface.
- High-performance tyres are specially selected for paving applications.
- Tyre size of 445 / 80 R25 enables excellent ground contact and outstanding traction.
- Tyres offer stability and outstanding grip.
The load-sensing system provides a significant boost to traction, especially if the hopper is full. This grants superior traction even with extended paving widths.
- Automatically adjusts front-wheel drive depending on the current load and power it requires.
- Combines with electronically controlled rear-wheel drive to ensure optimal traction.
- Provides a combination of precision and power.
The high stability of the Ammann screeds is due to the 4-Tube principle design. These four tubes allow wide working widths without the need of any supporting rods. This makes the setup of the screed easier and saves time when preparing the paver for large working widths.
Ammann screeds feature gas (LPG) or electric heating systems, leaving the choice of the preferred system up to the customer.
Electric heated screeds feature high quality insulations and powerful generator to reduce heat-up times. Well designed heating coils for the bottom plates and tampers grant a well distributed heat over the full length of the screed. Gas heated screeds feature a fast heat-up time that reach target temperatures quickly.
- Quickly and conveniently changes the angle of attack
- Offers visual confirmation of the angle of attack
- Adjustment made easy with one crank on each screed side
Simple Side Shield Control
- Height and angle adjusted with a single crank
- Can be adjusted from behind the screed, keeping operators away from traffic
- Integrated wiring
These screeds are designed for use on thick layers, roller-compacted concrete (RCC) and mineral mixes. The high compaction screeds are available on all E-models of the large paver class, premium, tracked.
- Available on widths up to 7.5 metre (STVH 6000 E)
- Improves pavement stability
- Extends pavement life
- Available with only with electric heating